I’m Curb Ivanic, a coach and a runner myself. I might not be the fastest runner but what I lack in ability I more than make up for in passion.
Running has taken me places I thought I’d never know, both within myself and geographically. I’ve experienced the highs of giving my all in a race and seeing spectacular scenery to the lows of being sidelined with injury and beat to a pulp in a tough race.
But I’ve never, ever regretted getting out for a run.
I’ve worked with some elite athletes but most of the runners, cyclists and triathletes I’ve coached are probably like you, regular everyday athletes. (You don't need to be elite or fast to be considered an athlete.)
Over the past 23 years I’ve met runners & other endurance athletes in many different avenues – private coaching, clinics, workshops, seminars and expos. They all face similar challenges.
- Finding balance between training and other responsibilities like family and work.
- Recurring injuries taking away enjoyment from running and leading to frustration.
- Lacklustre performance in their events.
- Confusion around nutrition and how to match eating for competing goals like training and weight loss.
My work is dedicated to helping people overcome these obstacles so they can enjoy running (or whatever their preferred sport is) for a lifetime.
The Fine Details and Credentials
Wow, I’m impressed you read this far. Here’s a bit more about me:
- Prefer trail running to any other type of running.
- Coffee is my go-to pre-run drink.
- Beer is my favourite recovery drink.
- Love to standup paddleboard and play on the ocean almost as much as I love playing in the mountains.
- Mountain biking, cycling, surfing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, hiking and pickleball are my other sports.
- Yes bro, I do lift.
Education & Certification
- M.Sc. in Exercise Science
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist with NSCA
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
Work Experience Current
- Personal Best Nutrition Course creator
- Core Running clinics, camps, workshops, presentations, running gait assessment
Prior Work Experience
- Ultra Fitness Coaching & Consulting (personal trainer)
- Performance Running Coach at Fortius Sport & Health (Applied Biomechanics and Physiology Lab)
- Performance Clinic Coach at Richmond Olympic Oval
Consultant, presenter, writer or an expert source for:
- Surrey International Marathon
- Running Room
- The Run Inn
- Vancouver Wellness Show
- Capilano University
- Canadian Running Magazine
- The Vancouver Sun
- The Globe and Mail
- 20+ years running
- 10km PB – 0:38:00
- Half-marathon PB – 1:26
- Marathon PB – 3:23
- Ultras – Top 15 finish Diez Vista 50 km, 3rd in 40 – 49 Age Group at Knee Knacker 30 Mile Trail Race
It's YOUR time now!
Begin working on your bucket list goals today.
Your goal may be simply staying healthy to continue to enjoy your sports as you get older.
Or you may want to tackle that destination race you've always dreamed about.
No goal is too big or too small.